- 2 onions, sliced
600g organic/free-range chicken breast fillets, cut into chunks
4 ripe sweet apricots, cut in half, stone removed
1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
2 heaped teaspoons whole fruit apricot jam
A good grind of black pepper
To change it up a bit, add aromatics such as cinnamon, ginger, chilli and saffron threads.
Pair with 2019 Cellar Door Series Viognier.
- Sauté the onion over a medium heat in a little olive oil until softened.
- Add the chicken and brown on both sides. This should take about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the stock and deglaze the pan, allowing all the caramelised pan juices to combine with the stock.
- Blend the fresh apricots into a puree. You should have 1 cup of apricot puree.
- Add the apricot puree to the chicken and mix through. Simmer for about 2 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the whole fruit apricot jam as well as a good grind of pepper then mix through.
- Taste your sauce and adjust where necessary to your palate – adding a touch more stock or jam if necessary. Your apricot sauce should be lovely thick, tasty and glossy.
Recipe from The Healthy Chef