- 500 gram skin on coral trout fillets
- 3 pieces finely sliced ginger
- 2 cloves finely sliced garlic
- 2 tablespoon peanut oil
- 2 green onions, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
Score fillet skin at 2cm intervals, 5mm deep. Arrange on baking paper in a steamer basket, skin-side up. Sprinkle with ginger and garlic.
Place steamer over a large wok or tightly fitting saucepan of simmering water. Steam fish 10-12 minutes, until just opaque and flesh flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Make Sauce using method below.
In a small frying pan, heat peanut oil until very hot (smoking). Spoon sauce over steamed fish. Pour hot oil over. Serve straight away, topped with shredded green onions.
Recipe from Womens Weekly Food.